Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dehumanizing Avatar Operators

Lum's point about some Joe Wannafuckers seeing sex in SL as not "a mutual exercise, but as a computer-assisted masturbation, primarily because they do not see others within SL as real, but as constructs within a computer game," truly does extend to everyone. They aren't just dehumanizing the woman operating the avatar, they're dehumanizing other men operating avatars. I get asked by men all the time to TP them to where I am so they can watch me with the guy I'm with or to abandon the guy mid-dance or mid-stroke or to do something to him or to include the new guy in an MMF or what-have-you. You could chalk it up to horny, rude, competitive, testosterone-driven bullshit, and I'm sure quite a lot of it is, but I think it also falls under Lum's gender-neutral assessment that to some people we are all just "constructs within a computer game."


Repost. LeeHere Absent, Mar 4, 2011 http://gotvirtual.net/community/threads/thats-what-she-said.772/page-17#post-30686

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive