I like thinking and talking about personal boundary exploration, interpersonal dynamics, sexual culture and gender politics in the real and virtual worlds. That's what this blog is about.
The Unnecessary Qualifiers & Pseudo-legalese:
Yes, I know the things I am describing are not gender-specific.
Yes, I know women behave badly too... and a half, hoo boy.
Yes, I know the things I'm describing are endemic to the settings of casual cybersex locations in virtual worlds.
Yes, I'm being a little bit silly and a little bit serious, but cold, harsh text without benefit of vocal or bodily nuances can make words more serious than silly. (It's typed with a wry smile.)
No forum whores or blog readers were harmed in the making of these rants.
The guys can represent themselves perfectly well in their own blogs and forum threads and here too in the comment section of my blog and....
As it happens, I am a heterosexual female, so my sexual experiences tend to be with men and...
I do spend a fair bit of time in the casual cybersex settings and volume is a factor and...
It's a rant and...
I think we'll all get over it.
Repost. LeeHere Absent, Feb 13, 2011 http://gotvirtual.net/community/threads/thats-what-she-said.772/#post-23459
Opening qualifier. I'm talking about sex. Not long-term romance, but casual sex and mostly of the cyber variety, although many of the same principles apply to both LTR and RL. My focus here is on casual cybersex. From the point of view of a heterosexual female, 'cuz, that's what I am. The principles also apply to other genders and orientations. No really. They do. Check 'em out and see.
Repost. LeeHere Absent, Feb 15, 2011 http://gotvirtual.net/community/threads/thats-what-she-said.772/page-2#post-23991
One of my little amusements is that when I meet someone on my main account and they learn that I have a sex alt, which is easy to do because I'm obviously open about it, they often really want to know the name of that account and to meet me as my sex alt, which I don't do. I'm too invested in the anonymity of my sex alt. I tend to, without thinking, earnestly, naïvely and quickly interject something about that not being necessary or a problem or whatever, as I do still use my main account for sex on occasion, but I don't like to cross the streams with the two accounts, but then I soon realize or remember that that is not really the point, is it? I think my sex alt is actually a little more savvy than I am.
Repost. LeeHere Absent, Mar 4, 2011 http://gotvirtual.net/community/threads/thats-what-she-said.772/page-18#post-30714
Of course, it works the other way too. There are people who know my sex alt who want to meet my "Main."
Btw, on the subject of me having more than one account in Second Life: Got Game?
- Balanced Account
- The Woman Prefers Men
- Your Brain on Porn & Sex
- Don't Distract Me
- For 65-plus set and boomers back in dating game, t...
- If sex and power are what women want, don't stop t...
- All Thumbs
- A Rose By Any Other Name
- Ancient Dildos & Art
- Beef Bayonet
- Psychological Coercion In Forced Sex RolePlay (FSR...
- Mute Me
- MetaHumor of CyberSexing
- More, A Lot More, From AskMen.com
- That's What He Said Redbook Redux
- Pervy Cinema Fantasy
- The Language of Love...Or SexyTime
- What's Real Life?
- When "Wanna Fuck?" Works
- Random TPs in Second Life Are a Fool's Game
- Virtual Black Books?
- Hot for Teacher: Cybersex With a Naughty Professor...
- Jane's Sex Guide
- Ladies' Blog Out
- Purse or Emotional Crutch?
- Either You Suck Or It's Just Not a Match
- Don't Lose The Thread
- Don Mill, Male Avatar, On Cybering
- Why Men Use Prostitutes
- Attention Whores
- AskMen.com article "Cyber Sex: How To Do It."
- Disproportionate Anecdotal Evidence of Something.....
- Cut Bait
- Attached, Committed, Free & Clear or in the Grey Z...
- Account Management: Friends List, Pings, Busy Sta...
- Angel & Tristan
- More About Opening Lines
- Alt Accounts & Secret Lives...and Risks
- Alt Accounts & Secret Lives
- Griefers, Hackers & Trolls, Oh My
- Dehumanizing Avatar Operators
- Profiles: Likes & Dislikes
- Reality Doesn't Always Bite
- Ephemeral Springs
- That's What He Said
- Women Can Be Asshats Too
- Just Another Day In The Adult Section of Second Li...
- Movies on My Mind
- LOL, Ha, Hee & Heh As Punctuation
- Slippery Slope
- Small Talk
- The Fine Line Between Sexy Cute and Friendly Cute
- Site Surfing
- Um, what?
- A Question About Climax
- Age Verification
- Location, Location, Location
- Things I'm Learning in an Adult 3D World
- Orgasm Control
- Read Your Audience & Play to The Dungeon
- Some Men Say Men Are Pigs, Shocking, I Know, But I...
- Pro Tip: Little Black Books, Profile Notes & Chat...
- Fear of The Other
- Fear of The Other: Text vs. Voice
- Virtual World Tribes
- To Voice Or Not To Voice, That Is The Controversia...
- Pro Tip: Headset
- Pro Tip: Shells Are Not Sexy
- Knowing What You Want, A Sense of Perspective & A ...
- Don't Bore Me With Your Boredom
- Pleased to Death
- A Moment of Truth
- The Sales Cycle of Cybersex: Probing, questioning...
- The Sales Cycle of Cybersex: The opener.
- Read Your Audience & Play to The Room
- Load the Deck
- Supply & Demand
- Wannafuckers & Tissue (One-hour stands in virtual...
- That's What She Said
- ▼ June (82)